HOW DO I GET RID OF A CHIRPING NOISE:

2003 Jaguar S-Type

sbreine

December, 8, 2011 AT 2:20 AM

When I unlock the car a chirping noise comes on for about 5 seconds, or until I start the car. When I stop the car and turn the engine off it is ok. But when I remove the key from the ignition a chirping noise will come on for about 5 seconds. If I then wait for about 5 minutes a chirping noise will come on for about 5 seconds again.

mhpautos

December, 8, 2011 AT 8:11 AM

To the best of my knowledge you can't. The system is controlled via the body control module and activated by the key in the ignition lock, built in timers control the chime duration depending on circumstances that the system detect when activated, I have been told that the actual audible device can't be removed as the system needs to recognise this device or the security system will go into shut down mode as it will consider this an unauthorised attempt to start the car. You may wish to confirm this with a dealer.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla