DOES CHANGING ROTORS AFFECT MY ALL WHEEL DRIVE CAPABILITY

2003 Isuzu Ascender

Tamara25

October, 30, 2011 AT 11:40 PM

Can you tell me the fact that my all wheel drive four wheel drive switch not working now could be related to my rotors recently being replaced? Fridays had the rotors replaced on my car. Today it snowed so I needed to put it in all wheel drive. Well now it doesn't work and I don't know if it has anything to do with them replacing the rotors.

October, 31, 2011 AT 12:28 PM

Replacing the brake rotors should not have affected the 4WD functions.

Wrenchtech

October, 31, 2011 AT 12:48 PM

It could if the system relies on speed sensors which are effected by rotor change often

fixitmr

October, 31, 2011 AT 1:17 PM

What do you mean by switch not working?

Tamara25

October, 31, 2011 AT 7:56 PM

It's actually the whole system not working, not just the switch. There's a switch inside the car to put it in AWD and 4WD. The lights are not lit up on that as they usually are lit on whichever drive it's in. But turning the switch does not put the vehicle in anything but 2WD no matter which setting it's on.

November, 1, 2011 AT 3:16 PM

If the switch is not turning the indicator light on, this would more likely to be an electrical fault rather than mechanical.

Tamara25

November, 1, 2011 AT 6:53 PM

It's mechanical. Because it does not go into 4 wheel or all wheel drive. That's why the indicator light is not coming on at all.

November, 2, 2011 AT 1:08 PM

You need to have it checked to see what is causing the problem and if it is related to the job performed.

Tamara25

November, 2, 2011 AT 10:22 PM

Since I posted the original message, I've taken it in. It appears to be the ATC module? Can't remember for sure if that's what they called it. Not an inexpensive fix either. : (

Tamara25

November, 2, 2011 AT 10:22 PM

Thanks for your help!

Wrenchtech

November, 2, 2011 AT 10:27 PM

ATC would usually mean Auto temp control but could have other meanings. Could he have said TCM (Transmission Control Module)?

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford