INTERMITTENT TICKING SOUND COMING FROM ABS MODULATOR

• Steviek1
  • 2003 Infiniti Q45

I am hearing an intermittent ticking sound (machine-gun-fire speed. Kind of sounds like a quick woodpecker) coming from the ABS Brakes modulator on the passenger side next to the fire wall. I have an audio recording of the sound and can send it to you to verify. Is this a bad modulator or would I be able to replace the RELAY for the modulator. Another symptom is that all of the dash lights come on (ABS, VCD, TCS) when this problem occurs. Every other time I start the car, the lights go away and the ticking stops. Thoughts? I have attached an image of where the sound is coming from. I have an audio recording of the sound to send you if you can provide an email address?

Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 5:13 PM

• Docfixit

Would have ABS/VCD/TCS scanned for faults that will give a direction to go

Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 5:22 PM
  • Steviek1

Okay, thanks. But what is causing the ticking noise in the ABS modulator? I ran an onboard fault test of the car and no error codes came up, but I realize this is not as comprehensive as what the mechanic can do when he plugs it into his computer.

Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 5:26 PM
  • Docfixit

Have no idea wht it clicks but diagnostic scan will tell

Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 5:31 PM