COIL SPRING & STRUT ASSEMBLY
Before removing strut assembly, disconnect ABS wheel sensor.
1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove wheel and tire assembly. Disconnect brake lines and parking brake cables from calipers, and remove calipers and rotors. Using a transmission jack, raise torsion beam enough to remove nuts and bolts from trailing arms, lower strut assemblies and lateral link. Lower transmission jack and remove suspension.
2. Remove luggage compartment trim and remove upper strut-to-body mounting nuts. Remove coil spring and strut assembly. Place coil spring and strut assembly in a soft-jaw vise. Loosen piston rod lock nut. DO NOT remove piston rod lock nut.
3. Install a coil spring compressor and slightly compress coil spring. Remove piston rod lock nut. Remove strut mounting insulator, upper spring seat and coil spring.
1. Position coil spring onto strut assembly with flat side of coil spring upward. Ensure bottom side of coil spring is seated properly into lower spring seat on strut.
2. When installing spring seat, ensure spring seat is in line with strut-to-rear knuckle slot on lower end of strut. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Bleed brakes. Tighten nuts and bolts to specification with vehicle on ground. Check wheel alignment.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, April 7th, 2011 AT 6:48 PM