HAVE A 03 HYUNDAI SANTA FE THAT HAS HAD 2 ...

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe

daggerdog

March, 28, 2013 AT 5:09 AM

Have a 03 hyundai santa fe that has had 2 different misfires codes in the past month. 1st was cylinder 1, replaced coil and sprayed with WD40 and problem went away. 2 weeks later starts skipping again, this time with cylinder 3 misfire code--rather that replace another coil, I took out and cleaned spark plugs (new), wires, coils, and coated in dialectic grease. This fixed it and it ran great for about a week in a half. Now misfire 3 again. Going to change wires next. If that does not fix it, where should I look next? And does the fact that it went away with cleaning and grease coating suggest it is something with moisture rather than a more involved problem?

March, 28, 2013 AT 11:03 AM

Usually when 1 coil fails, the rest are getting there too. Thats why we reccomend replacing all when we do tune ups.

daggerdog

March, 28, 2013 AT 1:46 PM

Okay. In the santa fe there are two coils, one for each 2 plugs. So coil 1 does cylinder 1 & 4, and the other coil on cylinder 3 does cylinder 2 & 3. If the coil was failing wouldn't both plugs/cylinder attached to it be misfiring, not just one plug each time? I forgot to note this the first time, but the heat of the car when it has been running more than 20 minutes seems to exascerbate the problem. I have been chasing this skip for 2 months now, andit is getting old.

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230