TODAY MY POWER STEERING WENT.

• dbonacore1984
  • 2003 Hyundai Accent

Please help! My question really is is the return valve the part I need? And is that readily available at most popular automotive chains? I bought it to someone fairly knowledgeable about cars and they told me it was the return valve that was leaking(it was a rusted metal line that went from under where you top off your power steering fluid over the radiator fan to the bottom of the nose of my car). I called napa (who were incredibly rude) and they told me that all that they had was pressure valves and they did not know if that was what was looking for. My question really is is the return valve the part I need? And is that readily available at most popular automotive chains?

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 3:35 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

It sounds correct to me. However, that is most likely a dealer part. I doubt parts stores will have it.

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 3:37 AM
  • dbonacore1984

Thank you so much for your prompt answer. Looking for the certified part online it seems to be listed between $15-25 is that correct? Or do I need more then what I think I do? I have to fix this as quick as possible, I deliver mail in my car, so you have no idea how much I appreciate the help.

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 3:48 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

That sounds about right.

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 3:51 AM
  • dbonacore1984

Ok and it could be installed relatively quickly by someone knowledgable about the car? Thanks agin

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 4:01 AM