SHAKES OR WOBBLES PROBLEM2003 HONDA CRV 4 CYL ...

2003 Honda CRV

amitsood

November, 20, 2012 AT 3:57 AM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2003 Honda CRV 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Auto

I have a 2003 CR-V with 150K km on it and have developed a vibration on what seem to be the near side (LEFT).

It is noticeable under load - pulling up a hill at speed of KM/hr or more. When just crusing it almost vanishes.

The feel of the vibration is as if the wheel is flapping about and trying to go its own way.

This car just came back from smash repair for front left side hit and repairer tells me that he has changed the left shock, front tyres & CV joints.

Is there a known problem that can cause this?

I took it back to repairer and now he thinks that may be left side engine mounts are gone, as its a expensive repair need to be double sure before I go and spend the money.

saturntech9

November, 20, 2012 AT 4:46 AM

I have seen axles do that but not engine mounts do that if the mounts were that bad you would feel something while in park or in drive at a stop.

November, 23, 2012 AT 12:48 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Day

saturntech9

November, 23, 2012 AT 10:44 PM

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend I know I did.

November, 23, 2012 AT 11:31 PM

I sure did, the fun part is watching the kids stuff themselves-Season Greetings my friend- and the rest of the Gang in here take care and God Bless-

Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350
Air Filter Replacement
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe