ENGINE LIGHT ON, SLIGHT LOSS OF POWER AND SEEMS LIKE MORE FUEL - WHAT IS THE REASON PLEASE?

2003 Honda CRV

kenniefyfe

April, 13, 2012 AT 10:27 PM

Hi, my 2003 CRV engine (or emissions) light came on a week ago and comes on then off - though more recently has been staying on. I feel a loss in power and feel it uses more fuel and was hoping you may have some ideas before I take this to a mechanic. I am from the UK and have very little mechanical knowledge. There is also a rattling sound from under the car however this may be a coincidense?

fixitmr

April, 13, 2012 AT 10:54 PM

Anyplace to get codes read cheap/free? Are you IN the UK or USA?

kenniefyfe

April, 13, 2012 AT 11:00 PM

Sorry don't understand codes read cheap/free?

I am in the UK.

A mechanic can check this for free I was asking incase it was a known or obvious fault.

Thanks for helping.

fixitmr

April, 13, 2012 AT 11:05 PM

Warning lights register fault codes in computer to give clues to problem. There is an access port to interface and read them.

kenniefyfe

April, 13, 2012 AT 11:07 PM

Okay thanks so I really need to take it to a garage then I guess.

Thank you.

fixitmr

April, 13, 2012 AT 11:11 PM

If you get sticker shocked or an uncertain diagnosis you can come back and ask more about it. And also if you get it satisfactorily fixed you can post results and cure.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L