WEIRD NOISE/BLUE SMOKE FROM DRIVER SIDE ENGINE COMPARTMENT

2003 Honda Civic

myrrhdemarmion

September, 4, 2012 AT 4:52 PM

I have a 2003 Honda Civic EX with auo transmission with 121000 miles. It has been making a very strange noise sounds like a belt. No vibration. It's running fine, no fluid leaks, no check engine light, no overheating. The noise gets better as the car warms up. The other night, I smelled a burning smell and pulled over. Blue smoke was coming from the driver side engine rjust to the left of the power steering fluid reservoir. I then noticed that my A/C had stopped working. The timing belt, all other belts and the water pump were replaced at 112000 miles. I don't know if this is related but I hit a RR Xing really hard on the way to a meeting. When I left that meeting is when I noticed this noise. It so happens I had a front end alignment scheduled for the next day and asked the mechanic to nose around and see if he could find a possible source. They said they'd need to take the front part of the engine apart.

Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke

saturntech9

September, 4, 2012 AT 5:11 PM

Did you maybe hit the AC compressor? You're going to have to get in there and look and see most likely there is a belt smoking mayb some pulley siezed up.

myrrhdemarmion

September, 4, 2012 AT 5:14 PM

I was wondering if it was that. Is it safe to drive or do I need to get it in ASAP? I didn't look to see if I had the A/C on when it started smoking or if it only smokes when I have the A/C or the fan on.

saturntech9

September, 4, 2012 AT 5:18 PM

I can't tell you if its safe to drive because I don't know what the problem is yet. Could be siezed pulley hopefully its not the timming belt.

September, 4, 2012 AT 5:20 PM

It is possible the A/C or the tensioner pulley has seized causing the belt to overheat resulting the smoke and noise.

myrrhdemarmion

September, 4, 2012 AT 5:21 PM

Thank you for your help! I'll take it from here.

saturntech9

September, 4, 2012 AT 5:32 PM

Your welcome that's what were here for.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator