2003 HONDA ACCORD SPARK PLUGS

• adam666
  • 2003 Honda Accord
  • 190 miles

My car had multiple misfires the other day and the flashing yellow engine light is one. Had two bad coils replaced and they wanted another 400 to replace the spark plugs.I am going to trade the car in this week for another so I want to get rid of the light. Im going to replce the spark plugs myself. And I am wondering If I can use the $7.00 each NGK V-power copper ones. As opposed to the iridium NGK's (There was bosch in it when it was inspected by the mechanics)

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 AT 7:20 AM

• Wrenchtech

You want us to tell you that it's OK to ignore the manufacturers recommended plug? That's not going to happen.

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 AT 8:48 AM
  • adam666

The manufacturers recommended plug will always be iridium as it is the top of the line spark plug. Im asking if copper NGK's can be used. As I have also read that any NGK or Denso spark plugs can. Please give me an "informative" answer this time.

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 AT 9:10 AM
  • Wrenchtech

My "informative answer" is to use the factory recommended application.

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 AT 9:18 AM
  • adam666

Still doesnt answer my question.

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 AT 9:33 AM
  • madmike1735
  • 964 posts

Yes, you can use those plugs. Iridiums are designed to last up to 100,000 miles. They are installed from factory. You can use the v-powers. They wont last as long, but your trading it in.

Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 9:00 PM