SPARK PLUGS

2003 Honda Accord

adam666

September, 5, 2013 AT 7:20 AM

My car had multiple misfires the other day and the flashing yellow engine light is one. Had two bad coils replaced and they wanted another 400 to replace the spark plugs.I am going to trade the car in this week for another so I want to get rid of the light. Im going to replce the spark plugs myself. And I am wondering If I can use the $7.00 each NGK V-power copper ones. As opposed to the iridium NGK's (There was bosch in it when it was inspected by the mechanics)

Wrenchtech

September, 5, 2013 AT 8:48 AM

You want us to tell you that it's OK to ignore the manufacturers recommended plug? That's not going to happen.

adam666

September, 5, 2013 AT 9:10 AM

The manufacturers recommended plug will always be iridium as it is the top of the line spark plug. Im asking if copper NGK's can be used. As I have also read that any NGK or Denso spark plugs can. Please give me an "informative" answer this time.

Wrenchtech

September, 5, 2013 AT 9:18 AM

My "informative answer" is to use the factory recommended application.

adam666

September, 5, 2013 AT 9:33 AM

Still doesnt answer my question.

madmike1735

September, 17, 2013 AT 9:00 PM

Yes, you can use those plugs. Iridiums are designed to last up to 100,000 miles. They are installed from factory. You can use the v-powers. They wont last as long, but your trading it in.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500