2003 Honda Accord navigation

SHRIZUK
  • 2003 HONDA ACCORD
I recently read your article on Navigation issues for a Honda Accord. You advised that prior to disconnecting the battery to provide the 4 digit security number to the technician. My friend owns this car and she recently had the battery replaced. After reading your article I asked her if the technician that replaced the battery asked her for the navigation system number. They did not.

The issue in my friends car is that the Navigation system seems to be in a continuous loop - goes from boot up screen to a screen where you enter the 4 digit code, back to the boot up screen, back and forth every 12-15 seconds. I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and that allowed the system to download the latest software from the satellite ( took about 2 minutes ) then it went back into the C loop. I have ejected the navi disk, cleaned it and reinserted the disk.

Can you guys think of anything else I could try as my friend doesn't have a bunch of money for expensive fixes.

Thank you Kindly

Steve
Thursday, August 28th, 2014 AT 8:43 PM

Try the last 4 digits of the vin otherwise call Honda an dhave registration as they whold give you the number otherwise dealer wil want $100 or s to put it in
Friday, August 29th, 2014 AT 7:04 AM

Sponsored links