I USED MY ASTRO START ON MY PICKUP TWO DAYS AGO

2003 GMC Sierra

hahny1

February, 2, 2013 AT 5:30 AM

I used my Astro start on my pickup two days ago. It was -7 degrees in my garage and -47 below with the windchill. When I got in to drive away none of my gauges would work. The lights behind them worked but none of the needles moved. I wrote it off as being related to the extreme cold but it has warmed up now and they still are not working. I checked the fuse and it's good. Any other ideas? I've heard 03-05s had a problem were they have to replace the instrument cluster but usually only one gauge quits, not all of them. If I do have to replace it how do I acturately set the mileage as my pickup only has around 35,600 miles and with that low of miles I don't think anybody would believe that a vehicle 10 yrs old that has had it's odometer changed has that low of miles.

February, 2, 2013 AT 6:37 PM

It sounds like the cluster has failed.

The dealer will need documentation with a repair, oil change or anything

hmac300

February, 2, 2013 AT 6:43 PM

First thing windchill doesn't effect acars tha tis only for human skin. There are 4 fuses for the instrument cluster check all of themin pic i'm sending. Check th two i've pointed out in arrows as they may have blown due to key on when cables hooked up or momentary spark.

hahny1

February, 2, 2013 AT 10:56 PM

I disconnected the negative battery cable over night and when I put it back on this morning everything started working again.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement