I USED MY ASTRO START ON MY PICKUP TWO DAYS AGO

• hahny1
  • 2003 GMC Sierra
  • automatic

I used my Astro start on my pickup two days ago. It was -7 degrees in my garage and -47 below with the windchill. When I got in to drive away none of my gauges would work. The lights behind them worked but none of the needles moved. I wrote it off as being related to the extreme cold but it has warmed up now and they still are not working. I checked the fuse and it's good. Any other ideas? I've heard 03-05s had a problem were they have to replace the instrument cluster but usually only one gauge quits, not all of them. If I do have to replace it how do I acturately set the mileage as my pickup only has around 35,600 miles and with that low of miles I don't think anybody would believe that a vehicle 10 yrs old that has had it's odometer changed has that low of miles.

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 AT 5:30 AM

• ASEMaster6371

It sounds like the cluster has failed.

The dealer will need documentation with a repair, oil change or anything

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 AT 6:37 PM
  • hmac300

First thing windchill doesn't effect acars tha tis only for human skin. There are 4 fuses for the instrument cluster check all of themin pic i'm sending. Check th two i've pointed out in arrows as they may have blown due to key on when cables hooked up or momentary spark.

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 AT 6:43 PM
  • hahny1

I disconnected the negative battery cable over night and when I put it back on this morning everything started working again.

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 AT 10:56 PM