HOW TO BLEED BRAKES

2003 Ford Thunderbird

2CarPros-Archives

2003 Ford Thunderbird mileage: 28,000. I just changed the rear brakes and calipers on this car. I went to bleed the brakes, but I'm not getting fluid to the rear calipers. These are hydraulic brakes and I think there is a procedure to accomplish this. I have tried to reset the proportional valve but that didn't seem to change, also tried to crack the front bleeders while applying pressure to the peddle. I have had the engine running and not. I have talked to several shops and many say you need to do several different functions to reset the system. If you have any information on this procedure, I would really apreciated it.

Brake Fluid Bleeding

1 IMAGE

Brake Bleed Issues

2CarPros-Archives

Check to see that the master cylinder is full of brake fluid. Loosen the brake line at rear caliper, apply brake pedal, and check for brake fluid at the fitting. If fluid is present then there is a blockage in the calipers.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy