WHERE IS THE BRAK POWER BOOSTER LOCATED?

1988 Ford Thunderbird

tnt-58

September, 19, 2011 AT 5:07 AM

I cant find out were the brake booster is located on my car.I found the master cylinder but I cant find the booster. It is a 2.3l turbo

caradiodoc

September, 19, 2011 AT 8:12 AM

The master cylinder is bolted to the booster, ... If you have one. While not common, some cars don't have power brakes. If you don't have power brakes, the master cylinder will be bolted right to the firewall.

mhpautos

September, 19, 2011 AT 8:38 AM

You can have non boosted brakes (factory) that have had an in line booster that is not fitted to the master cylinder, the common factor will be a large vacuum line going to the booster unit and if it is remote mounted it will have a brake line going in and out as well, there will be no electrical connections on it.

Wrenchtech

September, 19, 2011 AT 10:06 AM

They did make some of these with a hydro-boost instead of vacuum booster. If you have hydraulic lines going to it from the power steering pump, then you have hydro-boost.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement