RUN THEN WONT START BACK UP

2003 Ford Taurus

walkerplay

March, 20, 2012 AT 9:30 PM

Will start fine when cold, go to the store turn it off come back will turn over but wont start. Few times already

March, 20, 2012 AT 9:58 PM

Next time it refuses to start check for fuel and spark-also go to this link:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

walkerplay

March, 21, 2012 AT 2:50 AM

It is firing, no code came up either.

djcl

March, 21, 2012 AT 2:53 AM

Is it cranking?

walkerplay

March, 21, 2012 AT 12:42 PM

After bout 20 min it will start
. The starter is working.

djcl

March, 22, 2012 AT 12:14 AM

When its not starting check for spark on 2 plug wires @ the spark plug boots. Use a spark tester or a screwdriver in the end of the spark plug boot. Hold the end near the handle about a quarter of an inch from a known good ground. When cranking there should be rapid sparks jumping the air gap. Check fuel psi and injector pulse. Hope this helps. Tell me the year and engine size with the 8th letter of the vin number.

kittylouise

March, 22, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

We had the exact same problem for a long time and of course the third and cheapest rout was what fixed it. A FUEL INJECTION IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE that I got off eBay for roughly 30 bucks, was super easy to install and fixed it right up. The other 2 things we tried that didn't help us but might help you if the other doesn't----the most common responce was that it was the ignition module. Not cheap, about 100 bucks on eBay, but real easy to put it. Last, a fuel pump. Cheap to buy, but we had to pay for someone to put it in and it was a real bummer when it didn't fix the problem. Good luck!

walkerplay

March, 22, 2012 AT 3:13 AM

Thanks I will try the fuel injection
idle control

djcl

March, 22, 2012 AT 10:45 AM

If the idle valve is not working you could press down on the gas peddle and see if it starts.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test