PROBLEM

2003 Ford Taurus

TrulyTammy

June, 4, 2013 AT 8:13 AM

Only had the car for 2 months (purchased from public auction) and everything was ok at first but 2wks after getting the car the service engine light came on so I took it to the dealership and they replaced my wires/plugs and the light went out 2days later and no problem until 3days ago. The car idles loud, shakes/tembles slightly (especially when im at a stop sign or red light), and I smell gas when I crank up. The car cranks fine, drives, accelerates and changes out just fine but I have not driven it since it started giving me these problems because Im not sure if I'll cause more damage if I do drive. Can you tell me whats goign on with the car?

Jacobandnickolas

June, 4, 2013 AT 10:40 AM

Tammy: If you smell gas, it makes me thing that perhaps the fuel pressure regulator may have gone wrong. As far as the "Loud" idle, it could be something with the catalytic converter being plugged. I would suggest having it checked.

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro