I REPLACED MY PLUGS AND COILS AT 196000 MILES

2003 Ford Mustang

Anonymous

I replaced my plugs and coils at 196,000 miles. Apporximately 400 miles later I blew out a plug. My "mechanic" tapped a new hole and replaced the plug and coil. Six months later, it blew out again. They made another "attempt" Fifty miles later and the plug blew out again. I love my convertible and do not want to ditch it. I want to eventually supercharge it (I know the internals need to be forged). In lieu of spending $38k for a new Mustang, I thought I could either try and tap the plug again myself, I also thought I could permanently epoxy the plug into the cylinder until I could get work on rebuilding the engine, Since it has been tapped three times I do not know if I can do it again. If I replace the cylinder would I not have to replace all the gaskets since it such an old engine? Lastly, I cannot find a mechanic in my area who wants to tackle a rebuild. If I cannot go that route I thought I could put a reman stronger engine in it with forged internals AND supercharge it. What engine, Mach 1, the new Coyote 5.0, etc, would fit in the car with a minmum of trouble that I could avoid a rebuild on my old engine and supercharge it? Or is it not worth the trouble at all?

hmac300

Try putting a heli coil in it not retapping it those are normally stronger, retapping makes the threads weaker. Contact fordracing for your other questions. And if you had to replace head yes you need new gaskets.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz