Heater engages and dis-engages the air conditioner compressor

ANONYMOUS
  • 2003 FORD FOCUS

When you turn on the heater it engages and dis-engages the air conditioner compressor in other words it clicks on and off and when it engages it makes the motor cut out bad and even when you turn on the air conditioner it makes the motor cut out turn the heater off and it is fine or the air

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 AT 5:47 AM

The AC compressor is supposed to run in the defrost mode to dry the humidity from the air before it gets blown onto the cold windshield where it would otherwise condense and cause fogging.

+3
Saturday, January 26th, 2013 AT 6:00 AM
RANDY SHARP

So what are you saying that is not answering my question what is the reason behind this what is causing the problem.

Ok what about when you turn on the heater it causes the compressor to engage and as long as you have the heater on the compressor will just kick in and kick off clicking sound and also it will make the motor cut out bad turn the heater off and the motor runs great. When you turn the ac on the compressor kicks in like it suppose to but it does not click on and off it stays engaged but to it also makes the motor cut out turn it off the motor runs fine the heater is the only one that if you turn it on the compressor clicks in and out. But you what is funny I replaced the belt tensioner pulley the other day and I did not have this problem before does not seem logical that it had something to do with it.

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 AT 7:18 AM
2CARPROS KEN

the compressor cycles becasue the system is low on charge. Here is a guide to help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/air-conditioner-how-to-add-freon

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken

Friday, May 26th, 2017 AT 9:52 PM