Where is the crankshaft position sensor located on 03 Focus?

TUCSON BLAZE 42
  • 2003 FORD FOCUS
Where is the crankshaft position sensor on a 2003 ford focus?
Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 9:03 PM

DOCFIXIT
If SOHC see diagram
+5
Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 9:06 PM
BMRFIXIT
Crankshaft Position Sensor (2.0L DOHC)On lower left rear of engine.
Crankshaft Position Sensor (2.0L DOHC-SVT)On front of engine.
Crankshaft Position Sensor (2.0L SOHC)On right front of engine.
+6
Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 9:08 PM
FROGDOGS
  • 2003 FORD FOCUS
Where is the 2003 Ford focus crank sensor located
Monday, October 8th, 2018 AT 3:08 PM (Merged)

Here is the location of the crankshaft sensor and a video of the job being done.

https://youtu.be/_xoGyRrHYbM

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
-1
METORTUE
  • 2002 FORD FOCUS
2002 Ford Focus 4 cyl

Where is the crankshaft sensor located on a 2002 Ford Focus ZX3?
Crankshaft Position Sensor

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_cps1_10.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_cps2_7.jpg

+2
BABYBOO285
  • 2001 FORD FOCUS
I have a ford focus zetec 2001, it's just had MOT done and they had to replace the crank shaft sensor, I was told that because it had been replaced it would probably only last a week but could last longer, I just wondered if anyone else had had this problem as I'm scared to use the car now.
Why was the crankshaft position sensor replaced? The engine won't start or run if it is defective.

" I was told that because it had been replaced it would probably only last a week but could last longer"

This doesn't make sense. Who would perform a repair that will only last a week? What logic leads to expecting a part to fail because it was replaced? We replace sensors and other parts all day long on dozens of cars. How many of them do you see sitting on the side of the road because their week is up?

Unless you can add something that suggests something is going to fail, a car you're afraid to drive is hardly a car worth owning. My SUSPICION is you're worried about something that doesn't warrant being worried.
BABYBOO285
Hi, thank you for your reply, I do not know much about cars but the mechanic explained that the clutch moves closer to the sensor each time it is pressed, and the sensor had melted and because this had happened, the sensor needed replacing and it may go again, he said he fitted one on a car exactly the same a few weeks ago which lasted ten days, the reason it was replaced was because the car wouldn't start when it went for the MOT,
Thanks again.
Dandy. That makes sense for replacing the sensor, but I haven't heard of repeat failures, especially not caused by the clutch. Often aftermarket replacement parts are improved to prevent whatever caused the original part to fail, but sometimes those parts have a design flaw that causes early failure. Your mechanic may be jittery or nervous because he ran into one failure of a new part, but in reality, that happens to us all the time, even with new parts from the manufacturer.
BABYBOO285
Thank you, I was all ready to go and buy another car, hopefully it will be ok then.
RONNIE THOMPSON
  • 2005 FORD FOCUS
My car has been starting cold, but when I stop and the engine is warm it struggles to start. I have looked at the crank sensor, the plug and wires were covered in oil from a leak somewhere. Could that be the problem? And will it be okay if I just clean the oil off.
Clean off the wires and scan for codes. Check the fuel pressure with a gauge most auto parts stores rent it.
+1
RONNIE THOMPSON
Thanks for the reply. Now I am stuck with a tripped immobilizer nothing at all, no cranking the key is not recognized. Will my spare key work (not fob)?
The spare may work if not try resetting it, if no manual look online for your car to reset