WHAT IS THIS FUEL SYSTEM PART CALLED?

2003 Ford Focus

ChasBennett

September, 21, 2011 AT 3:54 PM

Recently I removed a part from my friend's car and put a fuel filter in its place. I have come to find out that it was not the fuel filter and cannot find any information on what it is so I can replace it. It was a small saucer shaped cylinder that connected to the fuel line just before the fuel rail. It was located in the top of the engine bay by the firewall, connected to the fuel rail by a 6 inch hose. I originally thought that it was the fuel pressure regulator, but now am not sure. It had no vacuum lines or electrical/signal wires attached. It only had an inlet and outlet for the fuel. Do you have any idea what this part is?

Wrenchtech

September, 21, 2011 AT 4:10 PM

Are you sure that it was actually fuel? They don't generally use clamps on fuel injection line.

ChasBennett

September, 21, 2011 AT 4:23 PM

Actually I managed to find it on Fordparts. Com. Its called a fuel feed pipe and the part I was talking about is a dampener. Apparently it is all one unit and very expensive. This mistake will cost me, but it is what it is. Do I need to use any special sealants or anything when I connect this "fuel feed pipe"?

ChasBennett

September, 21, 2011 AT 4:25 PM

Here is an illustration. It is part # 9J280

Wrenchtech

September, 21, 2011 AT 4:51 PM

Glad you found it.

Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L