WHAT IS THIS FUEL SYSTEM PART CALLED?

• ChasBennett
  • 2003 Ford Focus

Recently I removed a part from my friend's car and put a fuel filter in its place. I have come to find out that it was not the fuel filter and cannot find any information on what it is so I can replace it. It was a small saucer shaped cylinder that connected to the fuel line just before the fuel rail. It was located in the top of the engine bay by the firewall, connected to the fuel rail by a 6 inch hose. I originally thought that it was the fuel pressure regulator, but now am not sure. It had no vacuum lines or electrical/signal wires attached. It only had an inlet and outlet for the fuel. Do you have any idea what this part is?

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 3:54 PM

• Wrenchtech

Are you sure that it was actually fuel? They don't generally use clamps on fuel injection line.

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 4:10 PM
  • ChasBennett

Actually I managed to find it on Fordparts. Com. Its called a fuel feed pipe and the part I was talking about is a dampener. Apparently it is all one unit and very expensive. This mistake will cost me, but it is what it is. Do I need to use any special sealants or anything when I connect this "fuel feed pipe"?

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 4:23 PM
  • ChasBennett

Here is an illustration. It is part # 9J280

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 4:25 PM
  • Wrenchtech

Glad you found it.

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 4:51 PM