IS A CLUTCH PEDAL IGNITION LOCK SWITCH AND A STARTER INHIBIT SWITCH THE SAME THING?

• monipacks
  • 2003 Ford Focus

My car wouldn't start. When I turned the key nothing happened, not even a clicking sound. I had to kick start the engine to take it to my local FORD Dealer Auto Center to have it diagnosed. Over six hours later I was charged $129.00 for the diagnosis and an oil change. I was told the problem they found was "UPPER CLUTCH SWITCH BROKEN AND INHIBITER SWITCH IS MISSING - NEED TO DISASSEMBLE". I was given a quote of $344.00 for parts and labor to fix this problem. I felt I was being ripped off, so I kick started my car and drove it back home. Now I'm trying to find and order the parts myself thus. This question.

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 AT 11:04 PM

• saturntech9

Alright two places to try www. Rockauto. Com if they dont have www. Parts. Com if its not on the online catalog call them they will help you find it.I have ordered parts from both places and there both great and very helpful.

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 AT 11:15 PM
  • rasmataz

Follow the clutch pedal arm till it meets up to the clutch bracket-the clutch switch here-also check the starter relay-there' no inhibitor switch

The problem could also be the computer

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 AT 11:19 PM