I HAVE FINALLY COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT MY ...

2003 Ford F-150

Anonymous

December, 26, 2012 AT 1:34 AM

I have finally come to the realization that my cat. Converter(s) is, are, plugged, after spending parts money and my labor, then parts money and shop labor(same dern parts too) to the tune of 625.00 on shop bill.I noticed on a long drive that steam /smoke was coming from the passenger side top cat. Smells too. So, my question is, can I take off cat, remove catalyst and re- install? Will it make my computer flip a lid? If I do this, will the cel light go off if I use the hand held computer scanner to turn off? I have replaced top both sides o2 sensors, coil, plugs, wires, pcv valve, assembly, and egr valve too. The shop guys did nothing I didnt do, even though I told them everything in order to stop the repitition. They told me the computer doesnt lie. So, the light went off, the truck still misfired and run crappy, so they had me pay for $ 8.00 each for new plugs, the right ones they said. Still, runs like a mini bike. SO SORRY FOR THE BOOK, BUT HAD TO TELL IT ALL, thanks

December, 26, 2012 AT 2:13 AM

The missfires have caused the failure of the cats. Gutting them does nothing and the light will not go out. Replacing is the only option after repairing the miss fire.

What were the original codes?