I JUST PUT A NEW ENGINE INTO A 03 EXPLORER AND ...

2003 Ford Explorer

gavinmosher

December, 7, 2012 AT 2:16 AM

I just put a new engine into a 03 explorer and have ran into a couple of issues. First off I am having troubles finding where the red and black vacuum lines on the passenger side plug into. Second off ontop of the throttle body is a idle air control valve. Where does the vacuum line go off of it? And finally There is a small coolant line coming off of the top heater core hose that goes by the oil filler and I have no idea where it goes from there because someone cut it. Can anyone please help me

hmac300

December, 7, 2012 AT 2:27 PM

What engine?All we can do is send a vacuum diagram if we have it

gavinmosher

December, 7, 2012 AT 4:59 PM

Sorry about that I totally forgot! Its a 4.0 SOHC idk if it makes a differance or not because I know there are different intakes for it but this one has the throttlebody pointing toward the passenger fender

hmac300

December, 7, 2012 AT 5:34 PM

Ok here is the diagram hope it helps you out. It says flex fuel bu tit is same without flex fuel.

gavinmosher

December, 7, 2012 AT 6:16 PM

Thanks so much! Okay looking at the diagram where is the IAC located on that picture? Also is there any ideas on that small coolant line that comes out of the heater core cutting off near the oil filler neck?

hmac300

December, 7, 2012 AT 6:57 PM

The iac draws it vacuum form throttle body shouldn't be aline ther I dont think. The small coolant line may go to throttle body with n in an dout next time ptake apic so you can remember where lines go. Hav eyou hooked up line to degas bottle?

gavinmosher

December, 7, 2012 AT 7:06 PM

Okay after going back out into the shop to check and see where im looking at I realized that the vacuum line im talking about is actually on the intake manifold right behind the IAC. Its a hole in the back side of the intake manifold with a piece of hose about 5 inches long I figured out the other vacuum lines I just need to find what this hooks to and ill be done

hmac300

December, 7, 2012 AT 7:59 PM

You have the vacuum diagram in fornt of you print itiout if need be and take it with you. I can't do it for you.