WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?

2003 Ford Excursion

rarebreed85

February, 27, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

I have a fuel leak coming down between the back of the engine and my firewall and cant see directly behind the engine to see where the leak is coming from but know for sure its somewhere between the fuel rail and the "T" fitting that splits the fuel line to both fuel rails. The engine is a 6.8 v10. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

hmac300

February, 27, 2012 AT 8:55 PM

Tis is hard to describe as it goes behind cylinder head. I've found the best picture that I can but it doesn't show much. You will have to see if it is hitting what looks like a bracket or head. Maybe a clip broke to cause this.

February, 27, 2012 AT 8:56 PM

You need to find the leak and replace the fuel line-your fuel pressure will be low if its not fix

rarebreed85

February, 27, 2012 AT 11:11 PM

We narrowed it down to the left side if your looking at the engine from the front. Tried to see behind there from underneath and top with mirrors but cant see a definite source. Also, if we take the cowl of, how much more room would that give us to see behind the engine if any at all? Would a haynes/chilton manual help?

hmac300

February, 27, 2012 AT 11:41 PM

I dont think any manual will help, you'll just have to take off some things so you can see better

Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Change
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L