RUBBING/GRINDING NOISE

2003 Ford Escort

rkmuggsy

July, 24, 2011 AT 11:16 PM

My 2003 ford zx2 makes a rubbing/grinding noise when making right turns. It does not make this noise when making left turns. Any possible idea what might be causing this? I checked all the wheels for possible bad wheel bearings, but found nothing.

July, 24, 2011 AT 11:27 PM

Inspect the driveaxle CV joints/boots-also the strut The most common cause is rust buildup on the back of the brake rotors or the pads are worn down and grinding on metal. If a brake inspection doesn't reveal the cause, a tool called the "Chassis Ear" can be real helpful. It's a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You place the microphones near suspect points, then switch between them and listen during a test drive. Many mechanics have never heard of this tool but most new car dealers have them. You might find one at an auto parts store that rents or borrows tools.

rkmuggsy

July, 24, 2011 AT 11:32 PM

Will try what you suggested. Thank you!

Coolant Drain and Refill
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5