CAN YOU TEST KEY TRANSPONDER?

• iametony
  • 2003 Dodge Stratus

Engine wont crank over, new starter, battery, ignition switch, tested transmission sensor and all relays and fuses are good. All it doe's is click. Could the key transponder cause the car from turning over, and if so is there a way to test or check if its bad?

Friday, September 14th, 2012 AT 9:50 AM

• CJ MEDEVAC

I HAVE FOUND THAT CONNECTIONS ARE THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM THAT CAUSES ISSUES LIKE YOURS (NOT ALWAYS)

SEE MY ANSWER IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

IN ADDITION TO THAT LINK, I MAKE PICS OF A LOT OF THINGS I DO. I ANSWER MOST OF THE QUESTIONS IN THE CJ 5 & 7 FORUMS HERE. I AM MOST FAMILIAR WITH THEM, AND HAVE GAINED MOST OF MY EXPERIENCE "DIYing" FROM OWNING AND DRIVING SEVEN OF THEM AS DAILY DRIVERS SINCE I GOT MY DRIVER'S LICENSE IN 1981.

THE 1ST PIC BELOW MIGHT AID YOU ALSO

KEEP US INFORMED ON HOW THINGS ARE PROGRESSING...OTHER EXPERTS DO JUMP IN AND OFFER ASSISTANCE ALSO

Friday, September 14th, 2012 AT 10:29 AM