WE HAVE GOOD BRAKES WHEN WERE GOIN STRAIGHT BUT ...

2003 Dodge Stratus

davegordon

December, 2, 2012 AT 1:30 PM

We have good brakes when were goin straight but if we turn in to a paking spot they go to the floor until the wheel straitens up has replaced both master cyl, and brake booster took it to two shops and no one can figure it out

Wrenchtech

December, 2, 2012 AT 1:39 PM

That sounds like a loose wheel bearing may be pushing the piston in when leaning on it through a turn. There really isn't anything else that could change when the wheels are turned. Unless something is leaking fluid.

davegordon

December, 2, 2012 AT 1:45 PM

Wheel bearings has been changed with lower control arm bushings as well even had an aliment done to I have never seen nothing like this in my life

Wrenchtech

December, 2, 2012 AT 1:49 PM

Unless the ABS is kicking in, it's a closed system and the fluid has to go somewhere.

davegordon

December, 2, 2012 AT 1:54 PM

How do I find out? And how do I repair it? And where is it located at?

Wrenchtech

December, 2, 2012 AT 1:58 PM

Probably start out by pinching off individual wheels to isolate where it is occurring. You could have an internally ruptured flex line that is swelling under pressure.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear