NEON PROBLEMS

• neon2003
  • 2003 Chrysler Neon
  • manual

I have a 2003 chrysler neon lx 2 litre, I have had a knocking noise coming from the engine and have replaced shocks, steering rack overhaul, cv joints and control arms. The car now vibrates when you start it and its in nutral

Saturday, August 13th, 2011 AT 5:56 PM

• JDL

If the knocking noise was internal engine? I don't like the sound of that. Check oil pressure. Otherwise, how long since a tuneup? Check motor mounts. Any applicable trouble codes?

Saturday, August 13th, 2011 AT 7:44 PM
  • neon2003

The car has had a tune up last month, I have taken it to chrysler dealers who told me this problem was the engine mountings and control arms. After fitting the control arms, This new knocking sound is there even when idling, The noise was not there before the control arms were fitted.

Sunday, August 14th, 2011 AT 6:56 AM
  • JDL

If chrysler did the work, take it back to them. Did you check the motor mounts?

Sunday, August 14th, 2011 AT 1:30 PM
  • RRV

Hi Neon2003. Do you still have this problem. Can you tell me the fix. I have a similar problem as I too replaced the struts, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, both upper and lower strut mounts.

Shall wait for ur response. Cheers.

Thursday, November 15th, 2012 AT 5:41 AM
  • JDL

Hi, if you make your own separate post more people will see it. You will get an answer, faster.

Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 AT 7:08 PM