PROBLEMS

2003 Chrysler Neon

neon2003

August, 13, 2011 AT 5:56 PM

I have a 2003 chrysler neon lx 2 litre, I have had a knocking noise coming from the engine and have replaced shocks, steering rack overhaul, cv joints and control arms. The car now vibrates when you start it and its in nutral

August, 13, 2011 AT 7:44 PM

If the knocking noise was internal engine? I don't like the sound of that. Check oil pressure. Otherwise, how long since a tuneup? Check motor mounts. Any applicable trouble codes?

neon2003

August, 14, 2011 AT 6:56 AM

The car has had a tune up last month, I have taken it to chrysler dealers who told me this problem was the engine mountings and control arms. After fitting the control arms, This new knocking sound is there even when idling, The noise was not there before the control arms were fitted.

August, 14, 2011 AT 1:30 PM

If chrysler did the work, take it back to them. Did you check the motor mounts?

RRV

November, 15, 2012 AT 5:41 AM

Hi Neon2003. Do you still have this problem. Can you tell me the fix. I have a similar problem as I too replaced the struts, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, both upper and lower strut mounts.

Shall wait for ur response. Cheers.

Hi, if you make your own separate post more people will see it. You will get an answer, faster.

Replacing the Rack and Pinion
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX