NO THROTTLE RESPONCE.

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer

stambo58

June, 4, 2012 AT 10:17 AM

My throttle works fine with just the ignition on but will not open when the engine runs. There is no engine code or light. I start the engine and it starts and runs fine. I give it gas and the engine will only rev to about 2000 rpm. If I look at the throttle valve while it is pressed it does not move. What can I check?

Throttle Problem

June, 4, 2012 AT 10:25 AM

-Check and test the throttle actuator control motor

stambo58

June, 7, 2012 AT 6:06 AM

If the throttle actuator control motor was faulty why would it work with the ignition on but engine not running. But with the engine running it does not work?

June, 8, 2012 AT 10:55 PM

Try cleaning the throttle shaft and plate and see what happens

rebelcowboy1972

June, 29, 2012 AT 11:24 PM

Mine is doing the same as stambo58 I have check all the wiring to the TAC, APP, and from the ecm. I have checked the TAC cleaned also replaced TAC & APP with no prevail. I started out with a p0410 secondary air valve fixed that then a week later a code p2101 popped up I am a mechanic by trade and I am getting really stumped on this one. Oh yeah I pulled the upstream O2 sensor to see if the cat was clogged ran it still no difference.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Air Filter Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350