I SEEM TO BE BURNING BOTH ENGINE OIL AND COOLANT...

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Anonymous

I seem to be burning both engine oil and coolant and im wondering if it is worth peeling the head off and doing a valve job while im doing the obviously damaged intake gaskets. The engine runs really smooth and have had no visable leaks ive got a lot of money invested soo far so until the body rots out gotta keep her going.

I just hate to crack the head bolts if I dont have too.

so far the things ive replaced
power steering pump
belt tensioner
shocks
cooling fan clutch
coolant temp sensor
alternator
transmission
rear end seal
sway bar links
tie rod ends
transmission cooler lines
rotors
both front hubs

hmac300

Have it pressure checked for leaks first it may be just ahose leaking where you can't see it. And maybe valve seals which can be done on truck

ericstanicki

Ive never had a car pressure checked, would that tell me if its a gasket leak or hose? Would you agree that the intake gasket needs a replacement? Are you assuming my valve seals are gone as well thats why im losing oil? Ty for the fast responce

hmac300

No you pressure check the coolant to see if it leaks and I dont' think your intake gske is the problem but you never know. With the mileage I am assuming that the valve seals MAY be leaking you can lose oil lthrough the rings, valve seals, or leakage from gaskets.

Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Replace Tie Rod End