WAS DRIVING MY 2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER ON MASS ...

• Erinsexyf
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER

Was driving my 2003 chevy trailblazer on mass pike the other day. Oil pressure dropped to zero, check gauge light came on so we pulled over. Checked oil, was low, added two quarts. Got back in truck, started her up and everything was normal. Began to drive again and a few hundred feet down the road the same thing happened. Got out checked oil, was where it was when we added to it, nothing was leaking. Went to restart the truck and nothing. It would not turn over. No metal in the oil. Truck just wont turn over. Hoping for some help, very limited budget, dont have money to take to a shop. And with family medical conditions I need to get this fixed asap. Any and all help with be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 10:03 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

Question, how long was the oil light on? Was it more than just a moment? You may well have some internal damage that just pouring in some oil will not fix. Running it out of oil could have seized up the motor.

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 10:08 PM
  • Erinsexyf

Light was litterally on for a matter of seconds. I really dont think the engine seized up. How can I check this.

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 11:23 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

You stated that you cannot turn the the motor over with the starter, correct?

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 11:26 PM
  • Erinsexyf

Corrent, turn the key, the lights will come on but it just clicks, nothing else happens. The first time we pulled over we were able to start the car back up. The second time it wouldnt.

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 11:56 PM
  • Erinsexyf

Already tried replacing pressure switch, didnt work. It wasnt running hot, nothing smoking or steaming. Is there some kind of safety switch or reset butto on fuel system to keep engine from seizing if oil pressure bottoms out?

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 12:11 AM
  • Dr. Hagerty

OK so it clicks, does the battery have good connections, could it be the battery itself?

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 12:31 AM
  • Erinsexyf

Haven't been able to recharge the battery since changing the switch. Will let you know what happens as soon as we can do this

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 1:02 AM
  • Dr. Hagerty

We will be here.

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 3:37 AM
  • Erinsexyf

I did double check with my hubby and he said oil was low but not empty so the engine def did not seize up. He is going to charge the battery today and then try starting it again. I will let you know how that goes.

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 1:36 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

OK

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 2:16 PM