OIL LIGHT CAME ON WITH NOISE

2003 Chevrolet Tracker

patricia ramos

2003 chevy tracker. Had an oil change 30 days ago and the oil light was blinking and motor was making noise and no oil on dip stick

Could have leak all the oil out that will caused the engine knocking noises-Try refilling and make sure its not leaking-

Check the oil plug could be loose/leaking or might not be there after the oil change-

patricia ramos

Never saw oil leaks on my drive way. It just started making a noise and light blinking. We added oil and light went out and noise stopped. When drove a block it started again, waited till the next morning and the noise was still there and light on, and the dip stick showed it had oil, so whats next.

Oil pressure: Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, if normal replace the oil pressure switch. If abnormal could mean oil pump and engine bearings.

patricia ramos

Ok. So if I change the oil pump what other parts do I have to remove the pump. Such as the timing belt.

patricia ramos

January, 17, 2011 AT 1:25 AM

Still waing on respond about the location and installation of oil pump

January, 17, 2011 AT 8:58 AM

You need to confirm if its actually the oil pump-verify it with a mechanical gauge

patricia ramos

We are just going to change the oil pump so we want advise on what other parts need to come off to get to the pump. Thanks

patricia ramos

January, 19, 2011 AT 1:17 AM

It is the oil pump and do I need to change out the change.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro