2003 Chevrolet Silverado rfa1

SDR464
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Got an rfa1 battery low message on dic, I replaced the battery and I'm still getting the meassge. Removed battery and am now using the other pod, and still getting the low battery message. How do I get rid of the message?
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:35 PM

MADMIKE1735
Dynamite will get rid of the message. Dont recommend it though! You replaced the battery, as long as you put it in the correct way, you may need to relearn the FOB. Try this.
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:55 PM
MADMIKE1735
I dont understand why its showing step 3. I will need to type this out manually. Bear with me here.

Method 1 - No Tools Required, Program All Transmitters
Important: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in
a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously
programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from
the first transmitter. The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its
numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be
transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number
stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only; #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice
versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.
1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF,
ON, OFF.
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the
program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one
transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock
to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry
transmitter programming mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
+2
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:59 PM