IN THE MORNING WHEN YOU LIGHTLY TOUCH THE GAS ...

2003 Chevrolet S-10

fleagle0202

December, 9, 2012 AT 1:16 AM

In the morning when you lightly touch the gas the motor seems to have a miss but goes away with heaver acceleration. I don't know if the 0420 code has anything to do with it. I replaced all 3 of the 02 sensor and added a adapter to the 02 after the cat since I had to hollow out the cat. The check engine light comes back on every several thousand miles.

hmac300

December, 9, 2012 AT 4:24 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

fleagle0202

December, 9, 2012 AT 5:20 PM

If you could explain more detail where your going with your answer that would help.
Your answer is not helpful to me at all I would wish someone that fully understands the question should or would answer.

hmac300

December, 9, 2012 AT 6:35 PM

The 420 codes means it 's a catalytic converter problem andyou should check yoru fuel pressure because it can cause all kinds of problems similar toyours. Has this truce ever had spark plugs cheanged and ignition system checked as spark plugs can do that as well. Auto part store rent gauges.

fleagle0202

December, 9, 2012 AT 9:23 PM

Fuel pressure is fine spark plugs are the 100,000 plugs they have been changed about 30K miles ago also wires cap and rotor.

hmac300

December, 9, 2012 AT 11:52 PM

What is fuel pressure? Fine isn't a good answer