WHY WOULD MY 03 MALIBU JUST SHUT DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF DRIVING IT

• jcook89
  • 2003 Chevrolet Malibu

I just recently changed my spark plugs, fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel pressure regulator. I really need to figure out what is wrong with it

Sunday, December 4th, 2011 AT 4:58 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

Does it restart when this happens or do you have to wait?

Sunday, December 4th, 2011 AT 4:59 AM
  • rasmataz

If you have to wait

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Sunday, December 4th, 2011 AT 6:19 AM