MY 03 MALIBU IS HAVING VARIOUS ELECTRICAL ISSUES

2003 Chevrolet Malibu

Anonymous

March, 31, 2013 AT 5:48 AM

My 03 Malibu is having various electrical issues. Last week the car started havin a real hard time starting and when it acts up it will not start without giving it gas while cranking. Also when I put my car in park the horn wil beepn its own. Only once and not all the time just randomly. Some days the car runs great. The trunk also pops on its own and the headlights and the interior lights flicker. Sometimes interior lights don't even come on. The car has also started to shift hard. I am fairly experienced at repairing vehicles as well as diagnosing problems but electrical is not at all my area of expertise. I assume that there is a relay or sensor of some sort that is bad but I do not know where to start. I also think maybe the alternator could be going bad. Point is I don't have a clue so a professional opinion would be very much appreciated. Thank you

hmac300

March, 31, 2013 AT 2:11 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first. Clean battery terminal ends. Try readjusting trunk striker

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test