03 "BOUNCES" AT 55-60 MPH

2003 Chevrolet Malibu

erindomenech

August, 30, 2012 AT 12:25 PM

I have an 03 malibu that I just purchased. The woman who owned it before me knew nothing more than putting gas in it. Ive already replaced all for tires and two of the rims were bent, so replaced those too. Alignment was done. Steering wheel doesnt go to one direction when I let go of it, although turning left has less slack than turning right. Not sure it its shocks (i know I have one going, but its in the back), bearings (hear squeaking while driving, but not grinding). What other components should I check?
Completely unrelated, this cars fans dont work. The high voltage doesnt work because the compressor clutch is shot. But low voltage doesnt run either. If temp control sensor is unplugged, they kick on, so PCM is good. New thermostat, relays, coolant, etc. Im pulling my hair out!

August, 30, 2012 AT 12:38 PM

First, the tires may have shifted belts for the vibration.

Second, you have tsted everything for the fans with disconnecting the coolant sensor. Does it overheat

erindomenech

August, 30, 2012 AT 12:58 PM

Tires are brand new. I thought I had a bad belt in one so I did them all since I get snow whwre I live, and that time of year is coming.

The temperature doesnt get to 260/red, it goes 2-3 ticks above half in traffic and only goes down when I turn the heat on, but when its 90+ degrees during the summer, its not fun being in the car doing that with no ac. Changing the coolant now has the running temp at halfway, as opposed to 1 tick above. Theres nothing leaking, no coolant in oil (head gasket) or oil in coolant (intake). My uncle suggested either the harness or the ground is faulty, but im not that lucky to have it be that simple!

August, 30, 2012 AT 1:22 PM

Once again, you have confirmed all the eiring with your tst.

Beyond a thermostat, I would have a leak down test done to rule out a head gasket

Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado