ITS A HUMMING NOISE RIGHT FRONT,THE FASTER YOU GO THE LOUDER IT GETS

2003 Buick Regal

psjones1

August, 15, 2012 AT 3:43 PM

I have a 2003 Buick Regal, it has a humming sound in the front right side, the faster you go the louder it gets and when you steer to the right you cant hear it also when going down hwy. It tends to veer to the right, thank you.

saturntech9

August, 15, 2012 AT 3:46 PM

I would check both front wheel bearings. Do you have jack stands and a jack?

psjones1

August, 15, 2012 AT 4:27 PM

Yes I do, could it be they need to be repacked someone said that might be what it need, thank you so much

saturntech9

August, 15, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

Its a sealed bearing and hub assembly so there is no way to repack if it was bad it would be a replacement. Put the car on level ground then set the parking brake. Then jack up the car and piut it on jack stands so both front wheels are off the ground. Then put the transmission in neutral. Then go to the right side put one hand on the coil spring use the other hand to turn spin the tire as fast as you can. Listen and feel for a bad wheel bearing. Check both sides and compare them to each other. Let me know what you find.

psjones1

August, 15, 2012 AT 6:56 PM

How would u fix it and is it hard to do, thank u

saturntech9

August, 15, 2012 AT 7:07 PM

Its not hard to do you would have to remove your wheel caliper rotor axle nut unbolt the hub assembly from the back side of the knuckle. First lets see if thr bearing is bad. Let me know what you find.

psjones1

August, 16, 2012 AT 11:48 PM

I was wondering if that is it will it hurt to drive it till I get it fixed or make it worse, thank you so much

saturntech9

August, 17, 2012 AT 12:34 AM

I wont drive very long on a bad wheel bearing the hub and bearing get changed as a assembly. So there is no chance of ruining the hub. But lets see what the problem is first?When you see the price of that hub assembly your going to want to change it yourself.

psjones1

August, 18, 2012 AT 4:01 PM

Can u replace just the front wheel bearings or is it the whole hub in the front? Also how much do you think one would cost to replace, thank you so much still trying to figure it out

saturntech9

August, 18, 2012 AT 5:22 PM

Do you have abs?Also what is you zip code?No to yoyr question I have already said its the whole hub assembly on that car.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic