Refer to Fig. 16 when performing the following procedure.
1. Disconnect battery negative cable.
2. If necessary, remove air cleaner assembly.
3. With engine cool, drain engine coolant below thermostat level. Never open cooling system with engine hot.
4. Disconnect radiator hose from thermostat housing.
5. Remove thermostat housing retaining bolts, then the housing, gasket and thermostat.
6. Reverse procedure to install noting the following:
a. Ensure thermostat gasket area is thoroughly clean.
B. Install thermostat with new gasket.
C. Apply a suitable sealer to thermostat housing retaining bolts. Install and torque bolts to 20 ft. Lbs.
D. Refill and bleed cooling system as necessary.
See the diagram below
Wednesday, May 26th, 2021 AT 12:23 PM