It can be a bit difficullt but not impossible.
* First drain about a 1/2 gallon or so coolant from the radiator.
* Remove the air cleaner box and snorkle.
* Follow the top radiator hose to the thermostat housing.
* Disconnect the radiator hose form the thermostat housing
* The bolts that attach the housing to the engine are behind the exhaust crossover pipe so do this repair whent he engine is cool.
* Remove the two thermostat housing bolts (13mm) [the top one is fairly easy to get to--the bottom one requires patience and a 13mm wrench.
* Be sure to install the gasket during assembly.
* Reverse process to assemble.
* Allow yourself plenty of time to complete this project (1 to 1 1/2 hrs)---if its' your first time those bolts can be tedious.
Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 7:43 PM