IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY 2012 MY TEMPERATURE GAUGE ...

2003 Buick Century

Anonymous

November, 13, 2012 AT 4:47 AM

In the middle of July 2012, my temperature gauge started going up. I looked under hood and saw the coolant was very low. I filled it up. A day later, it was empty. I added more with some Barrs sealant. It worked. The guage stayed steady till about the beginning of October. The coolant didn't seem to drain fast but it did drain. I put more Barrs and it worked again. However, a few days later, the guage started spiking. It goes almost to the red but then goes back to the middle and sticks. What is wrong? How dangerous is this to my engine. It's been spiking for six weeks and the coolant has not gone done. Need help?

Temp Gauge

November, 13, 2012 AT 4:57 AM

All that nasty stuffs in there-might cause the radiator to clogged-up been there before with a customer-flush out the radiator and replace the thermostat and see what happens-

homer1967

November, 14, 2012 AT 3:09 AM

It sounds like you probably have an air pocket.I would try bleeding the cooling system.

cadieman

November, 17, 2012 AT 12:41 AM

Dont use bars leak us block sealer. Your either burning it or leaking it.U need to have the sys. Pressure tested. Before u blow the motor. Carry 2 gal. Of water and keep that jug full.

November, 17, 2012 AT 12:49 AM

4 days has passed-by and not returning-he/she probably figure it out-

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser