WHY MY ENGINE LIGHT KEEP TELLING ME THE CRANK SHAFT AFTER ALREADY REPLACING IT AND THE SENSOR?

2003 Buick Century

lauraschied

August, 5, 2012 AT 7:17 PM

My light keeps reading the crank shaft is bad. I have replaced what it said and still keeps telling me the same code. When I disconnect the battery it will reset and run fine for several miles and then start to chug again at random speeds. Please help me.

caradiodoc

August, 5, 2012 AT 7:34 PM

Diagnostic fault codes never say to replace parts. They indicate the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis. A failed sensor is one possibility but there are many other things that can set the same code. Codes are especially helpful when you have an intermittent problem that doesn't act up all the time.

A scanner is usually needed to see what the Engine Computer is seeing from the various sensors. Without a scanner you might be able to diagnose the circuit with a voltmeter but it's a lot more work, and you'll need to understand how the circuit works.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front