WONT STAY RUNNING

2003 Buick Century

thomas32

April, 21, 2012 AT 4:26 PM

Century, Jusr Replace Fuel Pump, Filter, Pressure Regulator, Spark Plugss And Wires What Is The Problemjust replaced all these parts car will not stay running the car will run but once I apply the brake it dies out but if I restart it will stay started but I also just had a new radio and speakers installed the same day car stop on me dont think this is the problem had radio installed before with no problems

April, 21, 2012 AT 4:31 PM

Are you saying the car won't start? Will it crank? Any applicable trouble codes?

thomas32

April, 21, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

The car is not starting the codes are b1216 b1221 b1225 b1232 b1236 b1295 it was cranking but after getting to autozone and get the codes it stop no crank no nothing

April, 21, 2012 AT 4:42 PM

So you drove it to autozone? Make sure the battery has a full charge and battery connections all clean and tight. Check the starter circuit.

thomas32

April, 21, 2012 AT 4:49 PM

Ok its running now but if u step on the brakes or cut on the lights its cutting off then I start it back up and the same thing brake or lights it shut off what could rhat be
yes I drove it to auto zone thats were it shut off at
where is the starter circuit

April, 21, 2012 AT 5:03 PM

I couldn't find those codes in MOD. I did find some of those codes in a generic list, did not have codes listed according to year--make--model. I can't be sure they pertain to your vehicle? You might check the computer for voltage and grounds.

thomas32

April, 21, 2012 AT 5:06 PM

No these are the codes they gave me I think its a wiring problem just removed the radio and hook it back up but all lights came on like normal but soon as I hit the brakes it turned off I think wiring maybe check voltage and grounds on what part

April, 21, 2012 AT 5:16 PM

The starter S terminal goes hot with key in the crank position. The starter B terminal is hot all the time. Any testing, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set.

thomas32

April, 21, 2012 AT 5:22 PM

So are u saying I need to start it up and leave it in park with the emergency brake in place if it stays started what does that mean and if it cuts off what is that so does that mean it the starter or am I checkin to see if the starter is going hot

April, 21, 2012 AT 5:48 PM

You only need to check starter circuit circuit, if it won't crank. Otherwise, I don't know.

thomas32

April, 21, 2012 AT 6:01 PM

Ok thanks

Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement