XI POPPING/THUMPING

2003 BMW 330

DrJon1

BMW 330Xi 2003. LOUD thumping/popping intermittently from back deck beyond rear seats near speakers even when sound system is OFF. Nothing visible from trunk

Thumping

81 Thumping Noise

Dr. Hagerty

Noise from the area you refer to could be 1) The center support bearing rubber isolation has degraded and the driveshaft should be inspected for same and repaired/replaced straightaway. 2) A subframe/differential rubber isolation mount failure. 3) Bad rear shock mounts. I strongly recommend you seek out someone to put the car up in the air on a lift and inspect it for the unsafe issues that I have just presented, you might want to tow it to your BMW service provider to accomplish the inspection, be safe, do not take chances.

DrJon1

Thank you for the info. I think it sounds more like a sharp electrical popping than frame /differential/shocks. But I will see my repair guy ASAP.
Again thank you.

Dr. Hagerty

My response may be a little over the top, but you can agree I'm sure, that noise can be different things to different people. Cyberspace has it's limitations.

DrJon1

Dr Hagerty,
Thank you again

Dr. Hagerty

You are very welcome.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Nitro
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement