CONVERTIBLE TOP COMPARTMENT COVER

2003 BMW 325

DavidC

June, 30, 2011 AT 10:00 PM

I have a 2003 BMW 325 convertible. The cover for the convertible top compartment won't lock. Looks like the latches are not opening wide enough for the cover lock to go under the latch for it to secure it. The latches are operated by a cable but I can't figure out how to adjust the cable, assuming that is how to re-adjust the latches. Any help is appreciated.

Dr. Hagerty

July, 1, 2011 AT 12:17 PM

The complexity of the system will first require scanning the car with the proprietary BMW scanning tool to uncover the problem. The convertible top is monitored and the data is on a communication bus. Trying to make adjustments on your own without scan data and knowledge of the system is not recommended.

DavidC

July, 1, 2011 AT 2:53 PM

Thanks for the quick help. I fail to mention that it is a manual convertible top so I am not sure if any data is being monitored. By just looking at it, seems like there got to be a way to adjust the cable. If I can't fix it myself I'll take it in to the dealership. Thanks for any help.

Dr. Hagerty

July, 5, 2011 AT 9:25 PM

Standing by

DavidC

July, 5, 2011 AT 10:05 PM

Thanks. I can't figure out how I can adjust the cable of the manual top. So if I don't get any addition instruction help here then I have to take it in to the dealership. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Hagerty

January, 3, 2013 AT 6:25 AM

OK

DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet