MY HEATER FAN SPEED CANNOT BE ADJUSTED

2002 Volvo S80

Anonymous

November, 14, 2012 AT 5:44 PM

My heater fan speed cannot be adjusted. I will need a Control Panel and have it reloaded. Brand new repair will cost me approx $1300. Which is out of my range. I found one at a U-Pull it storage facilty, and its for the same year and make and color of my car. Could I not take this one to my tech and see if it would work and then I know that they will have to do a CCM Reload to synch it up with my car. Just wanted a repairmans opinion.

PS- the heat and air work- I just cannot adjust the flow of air.

JIS001

November, 17, 2012 AT 4:30 AM

If you can not adjust the fan speed then I would suspect a faulty blower motor control module (fan relay) which is located in the fan housing. If you wanted to remove a CCM module to plug and check you can do that since that is how I would check these type of problem when I was at the dealership. The software just configures that module in the network so there is no conflict in the CANBus. If you can return the module then pull it out to test it but I believe your problem will be in the fan control module. Good luck to you and keep us posted as to what the fix was.

Wax Your Car the Right Way
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra