S 60 2.4 D ENGINE STALL

2002 Volvo S60

rijad

March, 13, 2011 AT 12:48 AM

I have S 60 2.4 D 2002 for 4 years. Last couple months have serious problems with engine stall. I do some check and stall happens on 2nd gear on 4200 rpm, on 3rd gear at 3300 rpm (did not check for 1, 4 and 5 gear), and ENGINE SERVICE REQUIRED is on. But when I switch off engine, message disappeared and when I check engine again same thing happens again. I, local Volvo garage change Mas Air sensor without any success. Please help because I don’t have so much confidence in this garage.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

March, 13, 2011 AT 12:54 AM

If its the CEL/MIL is coming On do below

Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis, finding out what's going on.

June, 8, 2012 AT 11:00 PM

You need to find out what's causing the CEL/SES to come on-get the computer/TCM scanned for code/s if any present post them

hitiddy

June, 8, 2012 AT 11:06 PM

My s60 had a message on the dash, engine mangagement needs service, the revs wouldnt go over 1500, running rough, the power down to 10 percent of normal.
Took it to a local guy, his computer said, ECM module high resistance and fault on F1 and F2, if I unhook the battery then hook uo again the car runs normally.
Dont always get a message on dash

June, 8, 2012 AT 11:11 PM

Have him try to erase the code if it continues there's a problem within that circuit and further diagnosis is required to eliminate the problem or go back to the Volvo dealership and seek more advices-