COOLING SYSTEM FAILURE

2002 Volkswagen Passat

tikmatos

August, 22, 2013 AT 6:41 AM

Could you please help me with the following problem. A couple of days ago, my car started to smoke when I was driving on the road. The smoke had the smell of antifreeze, and the smoke poured into the cabin. I towed my car to the technician who said that the core heater was blown; he connected the cooling system hoses, bypassing the heater and filled the system with water. I drove away but after a couple of miles the water in the system got heated again. I drove back to the technician, he inspected the car and said the water pump failed (the first time he didn't look at it). Now, as I am waiting for the delivery of a new water pump, I am not sure if there will be further problems with my car. I was told that some problems may be revealed in the engine after the installation of the pump. Is that possible? Thank you.

Wrenchtech

August, 22, 2013 AT 7:17 AM

Sure, it's possible. You could have even done serious internal engine damage from getting the engine too hot. You aren't going to know until all the leaks are sealed, all air bled from the system and the engine is run.

Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500