TRUCK WAS RUNNING FINE

2002 Toyota Tacoma

Anonymous

TRUCK WAS RUNNING FINE. HAD A FRONT END COLLISION. SAT AT REPAIR SHOP FOR ABOUT 8 WEEKS. WHEN I PICKED IT UP THE ENGINE RAN REAL FAST, THEN IT WOULD HARDLY IDLE, THEN IT WOULDN'T START. AUTO ZONE PUT ON DIGASTONIC MACHINE SAID ONE OF TWO SENCORS. TRIED TO CLEAN SINCORS, NOW WILL START BUT ENGINE STILL RUNS FAST.

caradiodoc

January, 11, 2013 AT 8:23 AM

Do I have to guess which sensors you're referring to? Fault codes never say to replace parts. They only indicate the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis. About half the time it's something else like wiring or connector terminals.

High idle speed is generally the result of a vacuum leak. Stalling and stumbling, or rough running, along with the recent history suggests a leak in the fresh air tube between the mass air flow sensor and the throttle body. If that tube is loose or cracked, any air sneaking in will not be measured so the Engine Computer will not command enough fuel to go with it. Chrysler is the only manufacturer that doesn't use a mass air flow sensor. No other manufacturer has been able to make their engines run right without one, and a loose fresh air tube is a common cause of what you described.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement