WHAT TRANSMISSIONS ARE COMPTABLE WITH A

2002 Toyota Camry

rachelmartinell

August, 9, 2012 AT 11:09 AM

I need to replace my transmission. Are there other camrys that have a trnsmission the same as my 2002?

August, 9, 2012 AT 11:11 AM

Nope, product specific. You will have to replace with the same as it has computer controls.

What issue are you having?

August, 9, 2012 AT 11:14 AM

There are others that might fit but you need the model code for trans to match.

rachelmartinell

August, 9, 2012 AT 11:19 AM

First my car would shake when it was in reverse. And this happened before. I took my car to the toyota dealership to fix the shift solenids. That cost a crap load of money. And now it is doing the same stuff again! But the other day it wouldn't go when it was in drive. Instead of having a hard time shifting from second to third. It wouldn't go into first gear. Its an automatic. I just want to fix it so I don't have to worry about having this problem again. Because I just spent all of that money back in March!

August, 9, 2012 AT 11:30 AM

Most likely will have to be removed and re built. Check around for estimates. They will vary. Dealer will be the highest, look at major chains for a bid as well.

August, 9, 2012 AT 11:44 AM

A rebuild would be a better option than replacing with a used unit. It should give you a few troubleless years.

Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement