CAR WONT START

2002 Subaru WRX

hollyhootsie

November, 27, 2010 AT 3:47 PM

I live in Montana. Its been below zero for the past few days. When the cold started my car wouldn't. It clicks over and seems like its gonna start. Could it be the batterie(Its kinda old) or the starter? How can I tell?

legitimate007

November, 27, 2010 AT 4:01 PM

That is mostlikely the case, your best bet is to get a jump from someone and then bring it to your local parts place, autozone if possible(its free) and have them check it, they will also recharge if necessary, but I think at this point an new battery will be in order, also get the largest that will fit in your vehicle, considering you live in Montana, you need all the cranking amps of a large battery as possible, also, go to walmart, they have a nice jumpstarting device that will come in handy, just a safety precaution, when your funds are in order, get yourself one. You can tell if the starter is the problem if you dont hear any fast clicks when trying to start it, also if it doesnt do anything while getting a jumpstart or replacing the battery

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe